Thursday, September 25, 2008

Apathetic Way To Be

For perhaps the first time in my life, I am not actively obsessing over something. Last night, I found Wicked on YouTube. I love and adore Wicked; I'm certain it's the best musical to ever be written. But after watching ten minutes of it (or less), I became bored and decided, "I'll watch it later." The same thing has happened when trying to read Les Miserables and The Phantom of the Opera (both of which I love). I passed up the opportunity to argue with someone about how good The Princess Bride is--and I love arguing and The Princess Bride.

This may be the reason I haven't updated for a while. Normally I'd update everytime something happens--with the play, my upcoming anniversary, music, friends, random thoughts. But every time I consider blogging, I think, "It doesn't matter." Then I go to sleep.

Speaking of sleep--I do a lot of it. I used to go to bed at one and get up at five-thirty, and I never suffered for it. I was still energetic and happy throughout the whole day, and in fact, hated going to sleep. Now I go to bed at ten and get up at six-thirty, and i'm still so tired that I sleep during third hour and after school. Over the weekend, I got almost twenty-two hours of sleep. That's a lot of sleep. I'm pretty sure it's more than healthy.

I want to blame it on my new medication, but I know I've been like this since this summer. The main problem is, it's getting worse.

I don't know if it's related to my energy and enthusiasm about other projects, but if it is, it isn't just affecting my enthusiasm for extra fun things. I feel no need or desire to work on or apply for scholarships or colleges--even though it's something I need to do. I promised Han that I'd help him study for the SAT, and every time we go to, I can't really focus because I don't really want to think about it. I want to do stuff with people, but I want to sleep and do nothing even more.

This is probably the least amount of fun I've had in a while.

I know this was a short and un-interesting post, but I figured that you few guys deserved and update.

<3 o.

3 comments:

Voegtli said...

Most of the people suffer from spring tiredness. You must be suffering from autumn tiredness.:-)

People go through spells like that. In my free time (as there is not much to here, but this will change when I have returned home for good in 4 weeks) I am spending quite some time on blogs and on facebook. 2 days ago I updated my status saying that facebook bores me sometimes.

Of course, you taking medication can also have an effect on your apathy. But don't worry, all will come back to normal. It is always like this.

Take care

Peter

ForeverLula said...

I have days where nothing satisfies. Where it feels like the more I do, the less I want to. Then I take a break from everything and after awhile my verve for life begins to come back.

I love the musical Wicked. My daughter & I know it by heart. I downloaded all the songs and made a CD for us. I am such a big fan of the whole story and the music is really good. I did find a video of it online & try to watch it, but stopped. I figure I will have to go see it in person someday, but watching online is just not the same.

Things will get better. You'll have up times and down times. For me there are weeks that are really great and then there are weeks that suck horribly. You just realize that eventually those feeling of blah go away.

Hope everything else is going well!

Simply,
Loula

Anji said...

I'm another one who loves my sleep. It's probably your medication; perhaps you should mention it next time you have a check up.