Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Two-For-One Deal

I remember when I first started drawing, Sailor Moon was a huge inspiration for me. It was all i drew for about... forever. Anyway, I didn't really get to watch it very often because we only get 3 channels, and I eventually grew out of it. Recently, though, a friend of mine started asking me questions about learning how to draw, and I told her I did it mostly by observing and mimicking other art... mainly Sailor Moon. And so here I go again.

I have started watching Sailor Moon a lot recently, on YouTube. Now, I have noticed a lot of similarities between me and Sailor Moon (as if anybody cares). Firstly, we're both extreeemely ditzy and somewhat clumsy. We are overly emotional, and everything falls into one of two categories: worth crying over, or worth laughing hysterically over. We're both hopeless romantics and looove food. :P

Sailor Moon fights a lot with another Sailor Scout, Sailor Mars. I mean a lot. They disagree on everything. Sailor Mars is impatient and has a nasty temper. She can be full of herself and hates immaturity. She can be insensitive and sometimes gets a little desperate for attention. The funny thing is, I'm also like that.

When my friends and I read books, watch movies, or play video games, we have a lot of fun picking out characters for ourselves, and quite often, we have trouble picking between two for me, and they are often opposites, if not downright enemies.

Nearly everyone I know agrees that I almost have two personalities, and I would attest to that more strongly than anyone. I inwardly fight with myself all the time. I often cannot decide if I am sympathetic or fed up with someone.

Some people might assume that I'm faking a nice personality, when I'm really critical and impatient, but it's really not that at all. I'm just as sincerely Sailor Moon as I am Sailor Mars.

So I'm an interesting person to interact with. As if each of those personalities on their own weren't enough to deal with, if you're with me, you might have to put up with both of them. But on the other hand, it's kind of like you get two friends, too. :P


<3 o.

No comments: