Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Dear Nothing

I am well aware that it is more likely that when I write, I am writing to nothing as opposed to something. However, a new friend Peter (or worldman) has informed me that this may not always be the case (which was very friendly of him. Thank you, Peter. :] ). Still, for the time being, I can write to nothing as well as I can write to something, if not better.

The stories of how each of my friends have slowly drifted away from me are long ones, not quite worth the sharing except to vent my frustration, which I may in time do. Today, though, my only good friend left dished out to me a good, metaphorical slap in the face, and I have to admit that, despite my angry facade, it stung quite a bit.

After promising she'd go to prom with me, Elsa had to cancel a couple of months before. I was upset, but accepted it. Now, though, she refuses to even come and see me at Grand March because she wants to watch the movie Prom Night on actual prom night.

There is a lot I could say about how much that hurts me and why. It can pretty much be summed up in the following:


And that it really hurts that none of my friends do care enough. Even when I tell them that it hurts me and why. (It hurts because none of them care.)

I have witnessed and experienced so much unhappiness in the past twenty-four hours with various people, just on a very basic, surface level. I hate to think what is going on behind the walls of them. Why do people hurt other people? Why would you not help another human being if you possibly could? I know that I have hurt others, and I know that I have not always helped where I could have, but I still don't understand: Why? Why should we be afraid of doing a good thing?

<3 o.

p.s.: The pictures, once again, is from postsecretcommunity.com


No comments: